From winning AJAC Awards to the launches of the brand-new Escape and Fusion, 2012 has been an incredible year for Ford. And even though the calendar is almost set to turn, the accolades are continuing to roll in.
With the recent sale of an F-150 in Kingston, Ont., Ford became the first automaker in Canadian history to sell more than 100,000 trucks in a single year.
George Taylor is the lucky owner who bought the 100,000th truck, purchasing it from Braden Ford. This is his first Ford and, according to dealership owner James Braden, the sale happened very quickly.
“(Taylor) was questioning his timing on it, and I guess his timing couldn’t have been better,” Braden said.
To celebrate the milestone, George Taylor will receive plenty of prizes from Ford, including:
- 100,000 kilometres of free fuel for his F-150.
- 100,000 km of free service on his F-150.
- A $10,000 donation in his name to the charity of his choice – SickKids Foundation. The donation will go towards enhancing patient care and research to discover new treatments and cures.
“Many years ago my wife was a patient at SickKids,” Taylor said. “My coworker’s son is currently at SickKids Hospital. I thought that was a good choice. They are a dynamic hospital and I thought the money would go far there.”
The last few weeks have been a whirlwind for Taylor, and the surprise still hasn’t worn off.
“When I learned that I had won the prizes for purchasing the 100,000th F-150, I was shocked,” he said with a grin. “I originally thought someone was playing a joke on me … I’m still taken back.”
Taylor said he loves everything about his new truck, especially its design and towing capacity. He plans on using it for his commute to work, and is looking forward to going camping in the summer with it.
Are you thinking about buying a Ford truck? Let us know in the comments below.
Bonus: Here are a few fun F-Series facts:
- If 100,000 F-Series trucks were lined up end-to-end, they would stretch across the width of Alberta.
- That same number of trucks could carry more than 68,000 bricks or transport more than 64,000 bales of hay.
- Including Taylor’s F-150 purchase, Ford of Canada has sold more than 2.7-million F-Series trucks over the past 46 years.