Ted Grant, Chef and Instructor at the Culinary Institute of Canada, Charlottetown, PEI
Ted shared a recipe for Root vegetable pave:
Yield: 6-8 portions
- 1 Large Sweet potatoes, celeriac and turnip
- 1 Cup Goat cheese
- ½ Cup Toasted walnuts
- ½ Cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 Sprigs Thyme
- ¼ Cup Dried currants
- 2 Shallots Sliced thin
- 1/2 Cup 35% cream
- ¼ Cup White wine
- 1 tbls Minced garlic
- In a large pot sauté shallot and garlic on medium heat until soft. Add wine and cook out for 30 seconds, then add thyme, cream and root vegetables. Allow cream to coat root vegetables.
- Remove from heat and set aside until cool.
- In an oven ready dish layer root vegetables on the bottom of the pan add half the walnuts, currants and goat cheese. Repeat and top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake in oven at 300 degrees until root vegetables are soft.