Do you remember what life was like before Facebook or Twitter?
I didn’t think so. It’s a fact that social media is an integral part of our lives. You can take away food and water from some people, but take away their smartphone and that’s when they become cranky.
Companies are increasingly becoming more involved in social media, and it’s something that we at Ford take pride in. Our view is that we owe it to our customers to be engaged in a way that improves their busy lives and we’re trying to do this through our online presence.
Scott Monty, our global social media guru, recently visited Toronto and Oakville, where he offered some insight during speaking engagements. The Ford Blog team caught up with Scott and asked him questions we crowd-sourced from our Facebook community.
There were some great questions, including:
- Which Ford product has been your biggest challenge, and why?
- How do you see your vehicles being more enabled for social media in the next five years?
- What do you think will be the next trend in social media, and how will Ford embrace it?
- What are the biggest mistakes corporations make in social?
- What one piece of advice would you give people about social?
Check out the video above to see Scott’s responses. As well, he’s great at impersonations and we even coaxed a few out of him. You’ll be very surprised at who he mimics!
To see more of Scott’s impersonations and to learn more about him, check out his personal website.