You know the F-150 Raptor is tough and you know it can take on just about any terrain you throw at it. But what you might not know about the 2017 Raptor is how easily it switches between modes, taking on all comers as it allows you the ultimate control over your truck, no matter where you drive it.
It doesn’t matter if you’re battling mud, wet weather or ripping through the baja like only a Raptor can, the new settings give Raptor drivers the ultimate control.
From the street to the sand
The mode selection is available right on the steering wheel, so drivers can select the various settings based on what they’re facing in the moment. Then switch right back to “normal” mode when it’s time to head home.
See below for a quick rundown of the various terrain modes your 2017 Raptor brings to the table.
- Normal – for everyday on-road driving duties, normal mode is a perfect balance of excitement, comfort and convenience.
- Sport – help your truck embrace its inner muscle car.
- Weather – When the elements takes a turn for the worse, use Weather mode to stay confident and in control, without sacrificing driving pleasure.
- Baja – The Raptor takes to the sand like a duck to water, shining in its ideal environment.
- Mud/Sand – When you take a wrong turn on purpose, the Mud/Sand setting is your best bet for off-road treks and trails.
- Rock Crawl – when going the long way isn’t an option, this setting tackles the toughest conditions head on.