Why Ford’s commitment to sustainability landed them top honours from the editors at Canada’s Top 100 Employers
Social Media Manager / Ford Blog Editor
Hi! I’m Ammar Khan, the Social Media Manager at Ford Canada. I’m really excited to be able to head up the Ford Blog as a place where all members of the Ford community can come together. I want to make your passions, stories and experiences part of our Ford story.
Prior to joining Ford of Canada, I worked in the corporate world at both Rogers and Bell, but my passion is having a hand in the start-up side of things as well I was a co-founder of a file sharing company, a used car classified site, a simulated diamond jewelry start-up and a small Toronto blog. Setting up a social media presence from scratch for Ford in Canada lets me run the equivalent of start-up within a big brand!
I’ve always had a keen interest in new trends in the automotive world, social media and interactive marketing. My vision for Ford in Canadian social media is to do the right thing for our customers, our environment and our society.
10 quick facts about me:
1. Best thing in his life: my baby Amina
2. What’s on my playlist: Rihanna, Elmo, TLC, 2Pac, Aaliyah,
3. What I’ve done in the past: Check out my LinkedIn profile
4. Favourite Shows: Star Trek: TNG, X-Men, Family Guy, Lost, Dexter, Top Gear
5. Favourite Quote: “Richness is not having many belongings, but richness is the richness of the soul.”
6. Personal Blog: Ammar Khan’s Toronto Blog
7. Favourite Athletes: Manny Pacquiao and Georges St. Pierre
8. What I’m craving right now: Tandoori Naan & Kebab
9. Best way to contact me: Twitter – @ammar_ammar
10. Favourite cars: Ford GT, Ford Mustang, Lamborghini Gallardo, Ariel Atom, McLaren F1, Koenigsegg Agera
11. Bonus: I loves lists!
Articles by Ammar Khan
Your Ford is your own private listening room on wheels—enjoy a free SiriusXM trial from May 18 until June 1!
The 2017 F-150 Raptor. The Mojave desert. What more do you need?
From saving money at the pumps to less maintenance, there are plenty of great reasons to make the switch.
Driving the Ford C-MAX Energi hybrid can translate into serious savings
From saving time and money to cutting down on pollution, the benefits of carpooling are clear.
Family man, car fanatic, tech wiz, eco-conscious: Dave Raymond is a marketing professional and jack of all trades. When shopping for a new car, he and…
The semi-autonomous technology uses of a sophisticated radar-and-camera based system to accelerate and break for the driver
Radar and lasers do what cameras cannot, allowing this Fusion hybrid to perform without light.
As long-time truck lovers, we all have at least one horror story about backing up our trailer. Imagine if your truck was equipped with a built-in…
Our F-150 just got top safety marks. Here’s why.
Celebrate 50 years of sales leadership with a little something special