Rannie Turingan has been in the social media space spanning the last decade. He started his award winning blog photojunkie.ca in 2000 and has been an early adopter of various online platforms such as Flickr, Twitter and Facebook. Over the years, he has created online communities, hosted community events and fundraisers and has worked with various brands online, including TVO, Pepsi Canada and LG Canada. During the last five years he has coupled his social media savvy with his freelance photography business building himself quite a follow as @photojunkie on Twitter.
1. Love driving out of the city for day trips, hitting up flea markets and antique places.
2. Currently listening to something pop most likely. When I’m driving, definitely something upbeat and electronic.
3. I love travelling, my favourite place to visit in Canada is Vancouver, it’s beautiful and always feels like home. In the US, my heart is split between San Francisco and New York City.
4. Don’t watch a lot of TV, but take pleasure in Doctor Who, Torchwood, Fringe, Gossip Girl, How I met your Mother, True Blood.
5. If it doesn’t kill you, it will make you stronger.
6. I’m a bit of a karaoke junkie. Especially like belting out cheesy pop tunes or fun songs from the 80’s. I’m also a photojunkie
7. Fave Athlete, Toronto, Blue Jay’s, Jose Bautista. This year I also met and interviewed, former Toronto Maple Leaf, Wendel Clark.
8. In the summer, nothing is better than a big juicy steak on the BBQ in the company of good friends.
9. You can find me on twitter @photojunkie
10. The 2013 Ford Escape is pretty sweet.