Ford HEV Twitter Contest (the “Contest”)
Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”)
The Contest is subject to all federal, provincial, and municipal laws.
Void where prohibited. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
1. Contest Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited (the “Contest Sponsor”).
This Contest will be run in accordance with these Rules, subject to amendment by the Contest Sponsor. Entrants must comply with these Rules, and, by entering the Contest, will be deemed to have received and understood the Rules.
2. Contest Period: The Contest starts at start of business for the participating Toronto Area Ford Dealers/Dealerships (each a “Dealer” or “Dealership”) listed below on December 20, 2013 and ends at 11:59pm EST on January 3, 2014 (the “Contest Period”).
TORONTO AREA FORD DEALERS
|COLONY FORD LINCOLN SALES INC.
|ERINWOOD FORD SALES LTD.
|FORMULA FORD LINCOLN SALES LTD.
|FRASER FORD SALES LTD.
|PLANET FORD INC.
|MEADOWVALE FORD SALES AND SERVICE LTD.
|TWIN HILLS FORD LINCOLN LTD.
|YORKDALE FORD LINCOLN SALES LTD.
|SUMMIT FORD SALES (1982) LTD.
|WHITEOAK FORD LINCOLN SALES LTD.
|DONWAY FORD LINCOLN SALES LTD.
|CRUICKSHANK MOTORS LTD.
|THORNCREST SHERWAY FORD
|KENNEDY FORD SALES LTD.
|EAST-COURT FORD LINCOLN SALES LTD.
|MARIGOLD FORD LINCOLN SALES LTD.
|MARKVILLE FORD LINCOLN LTD.
|OAK-LAND FORD LINCOLN SALES LTD.
|HERITAGE FORD SALES LTD.
|PINE TREE FORD LINCOLN
|DIXIE FORD SALES LTD.
3. Eligibility: The Contest is only open to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who, at the time of Contest entry:
- Reside in the Greater Toronto Area (based on home address and defined as the central city of Toronto and the regional municipalities of Durham, Halton, Peel, and York);
- Have reached the age of majority in Ontario; and
- Hold a valid, fully graduated level, provincially issued, driver’s licence.
Employees, representatives, dealers and agents of the Contest Sponsor or Nexalogy Environics (“Nexalogy”), and their respective parent and affiliated companies, Contest suppliers and judges (where applicable), and immediate family members of any such person (regardless of where they live) or those with whom any such persons are domiciled are not eligible to enter the Contest. Entries are limited to individuals only; commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible to enter the Contest.
4. How to Enter: No purchase necessary.
To enter the Contest, visit one of the Dealers listed above and test drive a new 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid model (a “Test Drive”) and take one or more photos of your Test Drive for submitting to the Contest. Entrants must meet all Dealer conditions for taking a Test Drive.
After completion of the Test Drive, enter the Contest by Tweeting @FordCanada (during the Contest Period) one (1) of your original photos from your Test Drive (each a “Photo”) along with the hashtag #FordHybridDrive (each a “Tweet Entry/Entries”). Each Tweet Entry containing a valid hashtag (#FordHybridDrive) and original and unique new Photo qualifies as one (1) entry into the Contest. Limit of one (1) original and new Tweet Entry (with a new original Test Drive Photo) per day, throughout the Contest Period. Repeated, retweeted, or copied Tweet Entries will not be accepted. The time and date shown on a Tweet will be the official time stamp for determining the validity of each Tweet Entry. Each Tweet Entry submitted during the Contest Period will qualify as an entry. Entries from Twitter® users with “protected” updates (i.e., user has set their account so that only people the user has approved can view their updates) cannot be accepted for entry into the Contest.
To participate in the Contest, you must have a valid Twitter® account that is in good standing and be a follower of @FordCanada on Twitter® (note: you can un-follow at any time). If you do not have a Twitter® account, visit www.twitter.com and register in accordance with the enrollment instructions for a free Twitter® account. The terms and conditions for creating and maintaining a Twitter® account are at the sole discretion of Twitter®, and can be found on the Twitter® website upon registering an account. The Contest is open to existing Twitter® account holders as well as new account holders. To become a follower, an eligible entrant must: (i) visit www.twitter.com/FordCanada; OR (ii) perform a search for “Ford Canada” on Twitter; AND (iii) click on the “follow” button corresponding to the official @FordCanada channel.
In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the Twitter® account used for a particular Tweet Entry will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a Twitter® account by www.twitter.com. Potential winners may be required to show valid proof of being authorized account holder of the Twitter® account associated with their potentially winning entry.
5. Tweet Entry Criteria: A Tweet Entry may not contain any content: (i) that is unlawful, hateful, offensive or obscene, (ii) which incites, solicits, promotes, or provides information about illegal or criminal activities, (iii) that abuses, threatens, promotes, or instigates physical harm or death to others, or the entrant him/herself, (iv) that promotes and/or contains the addresses of other Web sites, (v) that victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability; (vi) that infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other intellectual property right of any party, (vii) that constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk email (also known as “spamming”), chain letters, pyramid schemes, the promotion of particular stocks of shares and other financial products and services, or any other form of unauthorized solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling, (viii) that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of any third party; (ix) that impersonates any person or entity, including any of the Contest Sponsor’s employees, dealers, or representatives, (x) that solicits personal information from another user, (xi) that, in any other manner, is deemed by the Contest Sponsor to be inappropriate to the well-being of others, (xii) that communicates and/or exchanges a message of any kind, third party phone numbers, mobile numbers, emails or home addresses and any other personal details; (xiii) which is inconsistent with the positive messaging which the Contest Sponsor wishes to communicate; (xiv) disparages any persons or organizations, especially those associated with the Contest Sponsor; or (xv) invades the privacy or other rights of any person, firm, or entity, all of which is to be evaluated by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion (collectively the “Tweet Criteria”).
The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual and Tweet Entry found: (i) to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (ii) to be acting in violation of the Rules; (iii) to be acting in an un-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner; (iv) to be in violation of any of the Tweet Criteria specified above; or (iv) to be engaging in any other offensive conduct that jeopardizes the integrity and/or administration of the Contest, which shall be determined at the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion.
6. Submission Conditions: The Contest Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, elect to use, in whole or in part, any submission materials submitted into this Contest for its own future advertising and/or promotional activities, without notice or compensation and any entrant submitting such materials forfeits any further copyright or similar claims to same. Submission materials include, but are not limited to, photos, essays, videos, compilations, etc. as applicable. Each entrant warrants to the Contest Sponsor and its parent and affiliate companies that his/her submission materials do not contravene or infringe on anyone else’s copyright or other intellectual property. Submission materials must not:
a) contain/reference (as applicable) any minors without the express prior written permission of the minor’s parent or legal guardian;
b) contain defamatory words/statements (including words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group);
c) threaten any person, place, business, or group;
d) disparage persons or organizations associated with the Contest Sponsor;
e) invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm, or entity;
f) contain/reference (as applicable) material that is in any way unlawful, in violation of or contrary to all applicable federal, provincial or municipal laws and regulations where the submission is created;
g) contain/reference (as applicable) material that is inappropriate, indecent (including but not limited to nudity or pornography), profane, obscene, hateful, tortuous, slanderous or libelous; and
h) contain/reference (as applicable) any persons or organizations without their prior express written permission (collectively the “Submission Conditions”).
Where applicable, the submission materials must be created in a safe and lawful manner. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to (a) revise submission materials, or request the entrants to revise and resubmit the submission materials in order to make such submission materials compliant with these Submission Conditions, (b) remove any submission materials which are deemed inappropriate according to the Contest Sponsor; and (c) disqualify any individual who is found: (i) to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (ii) to be acting in violation of the Rules; or (iii) to be acting in an un-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner; (iv) to be in violation of any of the Submission Conditions specified above; or (iv) to be engaging in any other offensive conduct that jeopardizes the integrity and/or administration of the Contest, which shall be determined at the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Prior to submitting/posting any submission materials that depict a person who is under the age of majority in his/her Province or Territory of residence, express prior written permission from the minor’s parent or legal guardian must be obtained by an entrant.
7. Prize: There are two (2) prizes available to be won in Canada (excluding Quebec), each consisting of a 16GB Apple iPad Air WiFi (each a “Prize”) (approximate retail value of each Prize is CAD$519). The Contest Sponsor will not be held to award more prizes than as set out in these Rules.
Each winner will be solely responsible for all other incidental costs and expenses related to their Prize not mentioned above, including, but not limited to, any transportation, accommodation, gratuities, meals, (as applicable) etc. associated with receiving/retrieving, winning, and using a Prize. The actual number of prizes awarded will be based on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Winner Determination: From among all eligible entries received, two (2) entries will be selected (one by one) by Nexalogy on January 8, 2014 at or about 9:00am EST in Toronto, Ontario. Each selected entrant will be notified via the @FordCanada Twitter® page within 24 hours of the draw (“Winner Notification”) and asked to direct message the Contest Sponsor with their contact information within 24 hours of such Winner Notification. In the event that a potential winner cannot be contacted within 24 hours of his or her Winner Notification for any reason (including failing to reply to the Winner Notification) or, if contacted, does not claim his/her Prize, or does not meet all of the Contest conditions outlined in these Rules, the potential winner will be disqualified and forfeits his/her Prize, and another entrant may be randomly drawn from among all remaining eligible entries whom a representative of Nexalogy will attempt to contact, and who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner. This process will continue until contact is made with a selected entrant who meets the Contest requirements or until there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for failed attempts to notify any selected entrant. Upon Prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Limit of one (1) Prize per person. The chances of winning are solely dependent on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and increase depending on the number of valid Tweet Entries a single person submits.
9. Prize Distribution: Once confirmed as a winner, the corresponding Prize will be mailed to the winner via postal mail. No responsibility is assumed by the Contest Sponsor, Nexalogy, or any affiliated companies for any postal mail or delivery return as undeliverable without a forwarding address. No responsibility is assumed by the Contest Sponsor, Nexalogy, or any affiliated companies for the Prize after it has been shipped. The Contest Sponsor, Nexalogy, and all affiliated companies make no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the Prizes. Win Unclaimed Prizes will not be awarded. Failure to redeem a Prize (or prize portion) will result in forfeiture of the Prize and unused portions of the Prize have no cash value. Prize winners are responsible for any applicable taxes related to any Prize received. Actual retail value of Prizes may vary due to market conditions. ner bears all risk of loss or damages to Prizes after delivery.
10. Prize Substitution: All prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable, and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute and/or modify any prize with (a) prize(s) of equal or greater value for any reason.
11. Winner Conditions: To be declared a winner and receive a Prize, a selected entrant must first: (i) have complied with, be in compliance with, and continue to comply with the Rules; (ii) correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by Nexalogy via the Declaration and Release form; and (iii) sign and return all necessary prize distribution documents, including but not limited to, a Declaration and Release form within a specified period of time before the Prize will be dispensed.
12. Tampering: All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of these Rules may be disqualified by the Contest Sponsor. The Contest Sponsor takes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, typographical or other production errors, or any errors or omissions in printing or advertising related to this Contest. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated maximum number of entries by using multiple/different names, email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that person’s entries and eligibility to win the Prize and that participant will be disqualified from the Contest and, at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor, any of the Contest Sponsor’s other promotions. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, contest entry services) will void all entries by that entrant.
The Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for failure of the internet or the website during the Contest, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from engaging with the Contest and/or Contest entry or downloading any material in connection with the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
13. Modification/Termination: Subject to applicable law, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion and without liability, to terminate or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, or modify the Rules of the Contest at any time without notice if fraud, technical failures including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or communications or any other errors or other causes beyond the control of the Contest Sponsor corrupt the proper administration, integrity or security of the Contest or if any other factor interferes with the conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules, or for any other reason at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
14. Publicity/Winner Announcement: The Twitter® IDs of the declared winners may be announced via @FordCanada tweets on Twitter®. No other publicity will occur.
15. Privacy: The Contest Sponsor is collecting personal data about the winners for the purpose of administering this Contest and will securely discard the information about the winners after the conclusion of the contest.
By entering the Contest, entrants consent to receive notification of future promotions, advertisements or solicitations by or from the Contest Sponsor, via Twitter® or other means of communication as long as they are following @FordCanada on Twitter®.
16. Release and Liability: By entering this Contest, entrants forever release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor and Nexalogy, their advertising and promotional agencies, their affiliates and respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns from any and all damages, injuries, death, loss, or liability to person or property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of entering the Contest, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, or while preparing for and/or participating in any Contest and/or Prize-related activity.
17. Construction: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and the Contest Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario without giving effect to its conflict of law rules and provisions. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario. All entrants expressly agree that the Ontario courts shall have sole jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Contest and agree to submit to the laws of and the jurisdiction of the federal courts of Canada and provincial courts of the Province of Ontario, and hereby waive the jurisdiction of any other court that now or in the future could be considered competent for any reason. The venue shall only be Toronto, Ontario.
18. Affiliation: Twitter®, Inc. is not a sponsor of this Contest and does not endorse or otherwise have anything to do with this Contest.