The engine sound, or note, is sweet music to the ears of Mustang fans. Who wouldn’t want to bring that glorious noise everywhere they go?
Experience the power and presence of the vaunted Mustang V8 every time your phone rings. The Mustang ringtone is available for download right now!
Ford engineers mounted microphones on a Mustang GT equipped with the new Active Valve Performance Exhaust. They recorded the sound of the valves opening and closing as the car revved in Track mode.
Put the power of the 2018 Mustang with Active Valve Performance exhaust right in your pocket! To download, click the “arrow” button (beside the share button) and then follow the directions below.
Active Valve Performance Exhaust is optional on the 5.0L V8 engine available in the Mustang. It allows you to choose among four exhaust modes simply by either using steering wheel-mounted thumb controls or by pressing the new Pony button on the steering wheel and toggling through the menu on the digital cluster.
As a bonus, Ford Canada created three extra ringtones for download. Whether you want the unmistakable revs of a Focus RS, the performance noise of the Fusion Sport, or the distinctive rumble of an F-Series Super Duty, you can download the files below.
How to change your ringtone
- Download the ringtone
- From your home screen, open up the options window where all of your apps are located and scroll to the cog icon to enter Settings.
- Click on “My Device”
- Click “Sound”
- Click “Ringtones”
- Click “Add” at bottom of the page
- Click “Sound Picker” to find the mp3 file you downloaded previously.
- In Songs select “XXX-nameoffile.mp3”
- Click the green circle next to filename.
- Click “Done” in top right of screen.
- Your ringtone should now be set to the Mustang Engine.
- Download the ringtone on your desktop or laptop
- Open iTunes on your desktop/laptop computer.
- Drag the .mp3 file directly into iTunes.
- Save the file to your desktop. Next, drag it directly into iTunes. (Make sure you have the “Tones” folder checked in your iTunes preferences before dragging the file.
- The file will become visible in your “Tones” subfolder. Play the file to test.
- Sync the ringtone to your iPhone by plugging your iPhone into your desktop/laptop computer and then select/sync the ringtone to your iPhone.
- Once the file is visible in your “tones” folder in your iPhone menu (in iTunes), you can disconnect your iPhone from your desktop/laptop.
- On your iPhone, select the “XXX-nameoffile.mp3” ringtone and enable it for a new or existing contact.