Rules of Conduct
- The Ford Canada Blog Commenting System Rules of Conduct
- Rules for Ford Canada Engagement on the Ford Canada Blog
- Content Accuracy
The Ford Canada Blog Commenting System Rules of Conduct
The Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited (“Ford Canada” or “Ford”) blog commenting system (“Commenting System”) has been created to conduct Ford Canada related discussions.
Use of the Commenting System is subject to the following Rules of Conduct:
- Once you access the Commenting System, you thereby read and/or post comments at your own risk. Comments posted to the Commenting System, and the content therein are not encrypted or secured by other means, and are available for unlimited viewing and printing by the general public. You are solely responsible for the content of your postings.
- Ford Canada and the employees, affiliates and agents thereof are not responsible for any claims, damages, losses, liabilities, costs or expenses that directly or indirectly result from your use of the Commenting System, or your posted comment content.
- Ford Canada disclaims responsibility for defamation, obscenity or any Commenting System content that may be considered inappropriate by some visitors. Ford reserves the right to remove any comment posting at any time.
- Ford Canada does not serve an editorial function in relation to the Commenting System, and is not responsible for its content. However, Ford Canada and the employees, affiliates and agents thereof may manually mediate or screen posted comments prior to online publication. Comments may be manually edited for content or length. Third-party links may be deleted, and self-serving posts will be blocked.
- Ford Canada reserves the right to apply automatic, computerized word filters to Commenting System postings. These filters remove common expletives and obscenities without affecting overall Commenting System content. If and when applied, this filtering process will screen comments on the Commenting System as they are published.
- Any posting containing obscenity, prejudicial or insults may be deleted.
- When posting comments, keep discussion as close as possible to the topic at hand.
- Comments are requested to be written in English or French when posting to the site. Comments posted in other languages may be deleted.
- The Commenting System is not the place to ask questions about your vehicle, and these comments will be moderated, and therefore not posted. If you have questions or concerns about your vehicle, we suggest you follow these steps:
- Contact your Sales Representative or Service Advisor at your selling/servicing dealership.
- If the inquiry or concern remains unresolved, contact the Sales Manager or Service Manager at the dealership.
- If the inquiry or concern cannot be resolved at the dealership level, please contact Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited at: 1-800-565-3673 ( Available 8:30a.m.-8:00p.m. Local Time Monday-Friday
- Avoid posting copyrighted or trademarked material. If such material is posted within your comment, you are solely responsible for such content.
- Ford reserves the right to automatically block individual visitors from posting comments to the Commenting System. The following activity is not permitted within the commenting system and could result in revocation of your blog commenting privileges at Ford’s discretion:
- Posting of material designed to advertise or market enterprises, products or services.
- Use of expletives, obscenities, or potentially libelous, defamatory, threatening or inappropriate words or statements.
- Publishing of another visitor’s or other individual’s personal information without permission.
Rules for Ford Canada Engagement on the Ford Canada Blog
At Ford Canada, our social media strategy involves connecting our consumers with our employees in the digital space whenever possible, and providing value to them in the process. As a result, we have specific rules for online engagement as follows. Ford will:
- Always request that our social media influencers be transparent and disclose their relationship, as well as anything they’ve received as a result of that relationship with Ford
- Insist on honesty of opinion. We want both positive and negative reviews of our vehicles
- Offer influencers engaging experiences that are worth talking about. We won’t be cutting and pasting press releases into e-mails in hopes someone will post them.
- Listen carefully to suggestions and concerns
- Apologize quickly for any mistakes we make. No one is perfect and we are sure that we will make a misstep in our efforts to engage with the social web, but we will be sure to try to learn from our mistakes
- Share these rules with all influencers we work with
Following posting, certain changes in standard vehicle equipment, options and the like, or product delays may have occurred which would not be included in these comments. Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited reserves the right to change product specifications at any time without incurring obligations. Comments by Ford Canada are based on publicly available information and Ford data at the time of posting.