The Ford Flex has always stood alone. With its distinct look and style, this 7-passenger crossover has held a special place in Flex owner’s hearts. With the debut of the 2013 Flex, we’ve made a new classic even better, with innovative designs and technology inside and out.
Let’s start at the front. Notice something missing? The Flex has always stood as such a distinct design that we’ve taken it a step further. That familiar blue oval? It’s now on the rear tailgate. Now you can show off your Flex badge in style. Or if you prefer, your dealer can remove it, leaving you with a clean front grille. We’ve also rounded off the boxy edges to match the rest of the Flex and included all-new headlamps.
Behind the scenes
You’ve now got two great options when it comes to powering your Flex. The base model sports a new 3.5L V6 engine with a bump in horsepower from 260 to 285. And the popular 3.5L EcoBoost makes its return, offering a powerful and efficient 365 horsepower. Both options are married to a six-speed SelectShift automatic transmission.
You’ll also notice your ride is even smoother, and quieter, than it was before. Our engineers have looked at every option when it comes to more responsive steering and handing, while adding additional insulation wherever possible to eliminate road, wind and engine noise.
It’s what’s on the inside that counts
A brand-new interior driver zone awaits the happy driver of the 2013 Flex. With its redesigned instruments and steering wheel, you will be able to control your MyFord Touch 2.0 with a touch of your fingers, or your voice. It’s your choice. The new system allows you to use over 10, 000 voice commands to control things like your navigation (try telling the system “I’m hungry!” and see what happens), cell phone, or music. Oh, and the seats are new too!
It’s not always about the driver, though. With three rows of seating, we’ve made sure that every passenger in the new Flex is comfortable. We’ve included an optional refrigerated console between the second row to make sure everyone’s beverages stay nice and cold, and available sunroofs keep things nice and bright. Your passengers will never complain about the backseat again!
There’s also a number of available new safety technologies tucked away under that gorgeous new body:
- Adaptive Cruise Control gives you all the advantages of cruise control, but allows you to automatically maintain a safe distance from the car in front of you.
- Forward collision warning with brake support is designed to help you avoid collisions using a system of sensors together with your brakes to help you be prepared for emergency braking.
- Drive with more confidence using the Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) with Cross-Traffic Alert. BLIS uses radar-like technology to notify you when a vehicle has entered your blind spot, and can also let you know when vehicles are approaching from the side, helping you to reverse safely.
- Rain-sensing wipers continuously adjust to keep your vision clear in rainy conditions.
- Inflatable rear seat belts help protect your passengers by reducing injury in the event of a front or side crash. They’re child seat compatible and were created to provide increased protection for children and the elderly.
And let’s not forget the standard-equipped features like Torque Vectoring and Curve Control, and Electronic Power Assisted Steering to boost steering control and fuel economy.
By yourself, or with all 7 seats occupied, Ford Flex is the modern way to move.